HEAVENLY CULINARY EXPERIENCE AT THE APPETITE FEST
21/08/2018

BY THABANG NTESO

Image result for appetite fest


There was a culinary fever in the air in Tshwane on 18 - 19 August 2018. It was the highly anticipated Times square arena, Appetite Fest and I was there to experience all the food, magic, local and International chefs as well as the many exhibitors that were showcasing on the fun filled weekend. Hosted in the Sun Arena in Times Square, the Appetite fest was a food festival like no other as it is a Family Friendly event that invited all food loving South Africans of all ages. Children were safe in a play zone, ladies were in their own zone with Champagne and pampering while dads were watching rugby with good old beer time with friends! This festival really catered for all.


There were Gourmet Food trucks selling nothing but the best flavour filled foods, I chose to have this Taco from one of the stands. Perfectly seasoned, the taco had some sliced lettuce, diced tomatoes, beef, cream and lots of cheese (Just the way I like it).


Appetite Fest also offered Chef Theatres where the Chefs could show off their skills to an audience. The theatre had lots of space and no matter where you are seated you could see everything! The local and International chefs included Matt Preston, Gary Mehigan, George Calombaris, J-Something, Sarah Graham, Siba Mtongana, Chef Nti, Bertus Basson, Katlego Mlambo, Nathan Jacobs, Vineet Bhatia and many others!

Packed with over 6000 people, yes, a whooping 6000 people Appetite Fest wishes for more growth.

Appetite Fest is driven by the passion of the chefs, we are committed into creating a platform that celebrates South African talent and to inspire people out there. says a representative from Times Square 
My ultimate highlight was meeting Sarah Graham. Anyone who knows me know how much I adore her and how much I love how she approaches food. I attended her Masterclass and I was amongst many others who were treated to delights!

Image result for home food from my kitchen sarahSarah's book is out and only available for R290!

With the amazing Chef Sarah Graham


I really enjoyed Appetite Fest, meeting fellow food lovers and interacting with them changed my life. I wish more growth upon it and wish to attend again, again and again!

Thank you to Times Square arena, Sune Morton from Mailroom communications, Sun international and the Maslow Hotel(times square) for allowing me to be part of this amazing experience!

Logo 1 smallRelated image



@Thabang4real on social media! 

Comments