Week 2 of Wine of the Week!! - yum

Vondeling Petit Chenin Blanc 2018


It's getting more and more difficult to find a really good 100% Chenin Blanc wine so it's really special that I found this 2018 bottle of Vondeling Petit Blanc Chenin Blanc which boasts alot of quality, from smell to taste.
It's only week two of #4realwineoftheweek but I'm already discovering real gems. I wonder what the next final two weeks have in store for me. Yup, unfortunately #4realWineOfTheWeek is only a 4 week trial so let's have fun while we can. Let's discuss this green bottled goddess.

Upon my further research of Vondeling Petit Chenin Blanc I discovered something really interesting. Vondeling picks the grapes in the very early hours of the morning and processed immediately. The grapes are destemmed and chilled further before they are pressed. This short supply from vine topress ensures minimal degradation of the fruit aromas.

The wine has a striking, pale lime colour. The nose has pronounced tropical aromas of guava,The wine has a striking, pale lime colour. The nose has pronounced tropical aromas of guava,passion fruit and melon with an interesting floral, potpourri twist. On the palate you can enjoywhite peach, kiwi fruit and pink lady apple, underpinned by a delightful flinty freshness anddelicate citrus finish. Full and fresh, this wine will pair well with prawn risotto, lobster, soft cheesesand sunshine.

I loved it. Do you have any suggestions on Wines I should try next? Leave a comment or www.instagram.com/Thabang4real and DM me!!

Congrats to Vondeling Wines for taking the Week 2 title!!

Comments

Post a Comment